Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pure Comic Gold

I received no fewer than three phone calls and four emails from a bride today. Her last call consisted of a 21 minute tirade about the terrible service she received from a bridal store in town who not only screwed up her dress order but also her save the date cards.

I personally am dying to know which bridal store specializes in dresses AND paper goods.

The conversation included the following phrases:
"Doesn't she know save the date cards should never have the location? Everyone knows that!"
"She ordered $300 worth of save the dates without asking! I don't have that kind of money!"
"She never ordered fabric for my sleeves. I need my princess sleeves!"
"My wedding is supposed to be aubergine and charcoal, and the dresses showed up eggplant. Eggplant!"
"She wouldn't even turn on the lights and sent me out with a fabric swatch that was more green than gray!"
"I'm only planning the most important day of my life!"
"What kind of person purposely ruins other people's lives like this!"

Poor girl.

On one hand my instincts say "Run! Run as fast as you can!" On the other, the poor girl just needs someone to talk her down from the ledge. I'm taking my chances on this one.

Hopefully the dramatic wailing will subside by Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment